Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training
Drug and Alcohol Awareness Online Training Course
The workplace statistics on the impact in the workplace of drug and alcohol use is staggering:
- 47% of serious workplace accidents and 40% of workplace accidents resulting in fatalities have drug or alcohol involvement
- The use of alcohol or drugs accounts for 38% to 50% of all workers’ compensation claims
- More than 90% of alcoholics and 74% of drug addicts are employed
- In an average U.S. company, 15% to 17% of employees affect their workplaces through substance abuse
- On average, an employee with inappropriate substance use costs their employer $7,000 to $25,000 annually (Small Business Administration)
This is a general course to teach people how to spot the signs of drug and alcohol use, including how to use the reasonable suspicion standard and how and where to report their concerns. It identifies common signs of drug and alcohol use, the reasonable suspicion standard, how to document specific concerns relating to suspected drug and alcohol use and how and where to report concerns of drug and alcohol use. Learners also have direct access to Emtrain’s course experts and can anonymously ask questions via our innovative Expert Q&A feature.
Course length: 40 minutes (manager) / 20 minutes (employee)
Audience: Managers and Employees
- Negative effects of drug and alcohol use
- How to spot signs of drug and alcohol abuse
- What is the reasonable suspicion standard?
- How to document work-related issues stemming from drugs and alcohol
- How to report drug and alcohol-related concerns
- Gives learners access to Emtrain experts for best practices on this topic
- Tailored to include your branding and policy
- Available in English
Get your free course trial!