Have you ever had a difficult conversation with a manager or colleague? In this fast-paced world, where the opportunity for misunderstandings are greater than ever, where we have more data to consume than we can possibly digest, where teams are increasingly dispersed and hence have more cultural mixes than ever â€¦ being grounded in values is important.
Learn how a shared language that allows open and authentic communication based on values makes it much easier to resolve conflicts and tackle challenging conversations. Few people like having tough workplace discussions about hiring decisions, behavior issues, career development or alternatively, termination. Often, these difficult conversations become about the person, not the actions, and emotional reactions ensue.
View this recording as Steve Cadigan, Founder of Cadigan Talent Ventures and former VP of Talent at LinkedIn, in conversation with Emtrain Founder and CEO Janine Yancey, shows us how to use our core company values to create a shared language within the organization. Managers and employees can then provide authentic feedback based on the core valuesâ€”making a difficult conversation about a core value rather than about a person and minimizing emotion and friction.
Creating a shared values language makes it a whole lot easier to recruit and manage and promote in a way that builds a high performing culture.
The recording will show you how to:
- Create a shared language from core company values
- Integrate the shared language into the culture
- Anchor difficult conversations around the core values
Meet Janine Yancey
Workplace Harassment Expert
Janine has been certified by both Federal and California courts as an expert in harassment training and investigations â€” sheâ€™s provided expert testimony on both topics. As a harassment investigator, Janine investigated allegations of harassment and misconduct within former Oakland Mayor Jerry Brownâ€™s office. Prior to the passing of the AB 1825 harassment training regulations, Janine successfully defended the City of Roseville in a 5 week harassment jury trial and used the Cityâ€™s harassment training efforts to help persuade the jury to return a verdict for the City.
Janine has served as employment law counsel to many Bay Area technology companies, including Google. She also authored The HR Handbook to help young technology companies successfully navigate workplace laws.
Important Certification Notes: *This webinar has been approved by HRCI for 1 (one) general RCH credit. This program has been approved for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This webinar has been certified for 1 hour of continuing education for California MCLE as requested
To earn the credit, please read the following:
- This viewing software recognizes and notes when viewers fast-forward through recorded webinars. Therefore we strongly recommend to those attending to earn credits that you do not fast-forward through any material. Otherwise, you will not earn credits
- The presentation must be viewed in one sitting (the presentation may be paused, but if the browser window closes, you will be required to re-register and watch again from the beginning).
- The email address on both the registration and viewing pages must match exactly to qualify for credits.
- Only one credit will be issued per email address, per presentation.
- If the presentation is viewed in a group setting, only the name and email address of the registered viewer will receive the certificate of credits.