VP of Workplace Strategy
Workplace Harassment Expert
Patti Perez is on a mission to transform workplace culture. She combines her experience as a licensed California attorney, a professionally-certified HR executive, a specialist in the prevention and resolution of workplace drama, an expert witness in state and federal court, a state regulator, and as an entrepreneur to create a revolutionary shift in the way we communicate and make decisions at work.
Patti serves as VP of Workplace Strategy for Emtrain to help us in our mission to create healthier workplace cultures. This role helps her to leverage technology solutions to deliver engaging, informative, and pragmatic content and also allows her to provide thought leadership on workplace training issues. Patti recently launched her book The Drama-Free Workplace to share her and the company’s expertise to help business leaders understand causes, effects, and solutions to common workplace problems related to sexual harassment, bias and diversity, and ethics lapses.
Experience and Education
After working as an employment litigator:
- She worked internationally on a judicial education project in Mexico and served as an HR executive.
- In 2001, she founded Puente Consulting and made a significant professional pivot–moving into the role of workplace crisis manager. It was during this time that her clients dubbed her “the Workplace Wolf” (with a nod to the movie Pulp Fiction).
- In 2015, Ogletree Deakins, an international employment law firm, acquired Puente and she worked as a shareholder at the firm’s San Diego office.
- Two governors selected her to serve on two statewide regulatory entities–the California Fair Employment and Housing Commission (2008-2011) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Council (2013-2016).
- A native Spanish speaker, she has not only worked in nearly all 50 states, she has also worked in Mexico, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, Chile, and Peru.
- A proud double-Bruin, she has a BA in English Literature from UCLA (1989), and a JD from the UCLA School of Law (1992).