Unconscious Bias Training
Managing Unconscious Bias Online Training Course
At any given moment, our brains are receiving 11 million pieces of information. We can only consciously process about 40 of those pieces. To process the rest, we rely on our subconscious, which helps us filter information by taking mental shortcuts. Unconscious bias refers to the information, attitudes, and stereotypes that inform our subconscious information-processing and dictates the process by which we take these mental shortcuts. Unconscious bias in the workplace creates a unique challenge because it involves more than just behavior. It involves the way each person in your workforce processes information and makes decisions. Emtrainâ€™s online course educates your workforce about unconscious bias and shows employees how to make evidence-based decisions to increase inclusion and the quality of decision-making throughout your organization. The interactive features of this course help capture anonymous learner feedback about perceptions of unconscious bias in the workplace as well as your learnerâ€™s commitment to a particular strategy to manage unconscious bias. To foster success, we uniquely combine the online course with data analytics and micro-learning to allow you to implement a sustained systematic program to help your organization make better decisions. Emtrainâ€™s four-point unconscious bias program includes:
- Online Course: A short and engaging video training
- Interactive Dialog: Learner feedback collection
- Data Analysis: Report for employers with anonymous learner feedback
- Follow-up: Micro-learning series with relevant workplace video scenes
This course explains the concept of unconscious bias and shows you how unconscious bias influences recruitment, team dynamics, and career advancement. The interactive features of this course help capture anonymous learner feedback about perceptions of unconscious bias in the workplace as well as your learnerâ€™s commitment to a particular strategy to manage unconscious bias. Your workforce will learn how to make better decisions, and will have direct access to Emtrainâ€™s course experts. This allows them to anonymously ask questions via our innovative Expert Q&A feature.
Course length: 30 minutes
Audience: Managers and employees
- Teaches people about System 1 and System 2 thinking and how to make evidence-based, better decisions
- Defines unconscious bias and shows its influence on recruitment, team dynamics, and career advancement
- Captures anonymous learner feedback regarding their perceptions of unconscious bias within their workplace and their commitment to a strategy to minimize the effects of unconscious bias
- Workplace Video Scenes (3) model strategies presented in the course to minimize bias and help learners make better decisions
Joelle partners with leaders of some of the world’s most innovative companies to consult and advise on diversity and inclusion strategies. She has written extensively about diversity, inclusion, and unconscious bias, and her work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New Yorker, Fortune, Fast Company, Business Insider, and several other outlets. In 2015, Joelle was named to Vanity Fairâ€™s â€śnext establishmentâ€ť list for being one of the â€śmost ambitious, innovative, disruptive entrepreneursâ€ť of the year.
Before founding Paradigm, Joelle was a women’s rights employment lawyer.
- Full access to Emtrainâ€™s expert for guidance and best practices around diversity, inclusion, and unconscious bias
- Integrates with LinkedIn to track personal training certifications
- Available in English
- Developed in consultation with Paradigm
- *A Partner Series course. Not included in our standard Course Plans or Libraries